5 Fundamental Methods to Drive Visitors to Your Web site with #OnlineMarketing
If your marketing is going well, try these basic ideas – they still work like a charm to attract more website visitors.
60% discount on marketing books
Use code MARKET2021 until 04/03/21 to save on our marketing book collection.
April 18, 2018 6 min read
The opinions expressed by the entrepreneur’s contributors are their own.
The following excerpt is from Robert W. Bly’s book The Digital Marketing Handbook. Buy it now on Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | IndieBound or click here to buy it directly from us and SAVE 60% in this book if you use code MARKET2021 by 04/03/21.
Never rely on just one or two channels when directing web traffic to your website. Justin Bridegan of MarketingSherpa writes, “It’s always best to have a variety of traffic sources. This minimizes the risk of your website being decimated if your main traffic source dries up.”
With that in mind, let’s examine five ways you can get traffic to your website.
This doesn’t just mean that you should become an Amazon Associate or ClickBank partner and use that status to drive traffic to your independent website. Instead, you should start your own affiliate program in which you work with people who will promote your product or service. Here’s how to generate income for both of you while building your email list.
How exactly do you go about finding a partner and convincing them to promote your product? All you need to do is set up a page on your website that explains the benefits of promoting your product. Not only do they describe how big the cut they get on each sale, but also how they benefit from being associated with your brand. Include a registration form so that they can easily contact you. Then promote the page to individuals and a wider audience in a targeted niche.
This traffic generation strategy has to do with online advertising. It is a process of collecting subscribers through co-advertising along with other website owners or companies that collect opt-in subscribers. This is how it works: If the user chooses to receive an offer from the other participants, he has the option of subscribing to your information as well.
With the co-registration you can address a specific demographic or customer sub-group. Depending on who you work with, co-registration can be more cost effective than other types of marketing. With co-registration, building your email list doesn’t depend on the amount of web traffic you can generate either.
There are two main players in co-registration: Opt-Intelligence and CoregMedia, and many choose to work with them. But there are also smaller companies like AfterOffers and BirdDogMedia that are worth a look.
Just a few years ago, the average ROI for email campaigns was 4,300 percent. That fact alone should inspire you to focus on email marketing.
Since 56 percent of customers are more likely to shop with a personalized experience, you’ll want to personalize your email marketing messages. In fact, the average open rate for emails with a personalized message was 18.8 percent, compared with 13.1 percent without personalization in 2016.
The goal of email marketing is to convert an interested customer into a paying customer by driving traffic to sales pages. You can increase click and conversion rates by making sure the email and sales page it links to are promoting the same offer.
Pay-per-click advertising (PPC) is a model of internet marketing in which advertisers pay a fee every time one of their ads is clicked. Essentially, PPC gives you the ability to “buy” visits to your website instead of organically earning those visits.
Search engine advertising through Google or Bing is one of the most popular forms of PPC advertising. They bid for the placement of ads on the sponsored links of a search engine when someone searches for a keyword related to the advertised offer. PPC success is achievable when you focus on:
- Keyword relevance. Develop PPC keyword lists with terms relevant to your target audience. Use these lists to write keyword-driven ad text.
- Landing page quality. When you send people to a landing page, you optimize it with compelling, relevant content and a clear CTA tailored to specific searches.
- Quality factor. Both Bing and Google offer quality factors that assess the quality and relevance of your keywords, landing pages and PPC campaigns. Advertisers with better quality scores get more ad clicks at a lower cost.
A lead magnet is a free content offering – an e-book, white paper, case study, e-course, or checklist. Your lead magnet should be relevant enough to your prospect’s needs or issues that they can’t help but exchange their contact information to get it.
Which of the possible offerings – e-books, white papers, as you call them – are the most effective lead magnets? Here are five:
- The cheat sheet. The problem-based specificity of the cheat sheet, also known as a tip sheet, makes it very attractive to potential customers (and it’s pretty easy to create).
- Free templates. These are extremely popular and generate a lot of leads. Make sure, however, that the template does not replace your service or product offering. Templates can be in Word, Excel or another popular program.
- Free training videos, workbooks, or a combination of both, emailed daily. Think of problems that your customers need multiple steps to solve. These can be ideal step-by-step training products for your lead magnet.
- The swipe file. This is a collection of tested and proven pieces of text (like headings and email subject lines) or creative ideas that the recipient can use to simplify a project.
- Tool kits. These can be a little more complex to create, but because they’re filled with resources, they can make great lead magnets. You can use existing resources, blog posts, and other content to complete your toolkit. Common toolkits include various types of content such as e-books, worksheets, checklists, and videos.
Did you like your book preview? Click here to get a copy today – now 60% off if you use code MARKET2021 by 4/3/21.