Ellen DeGeneres says she has examined optimistic for the coronavirus.
“The Ellen DeGeneres Show” stopped filming after the presenter announced on Thursday that she had tested positive for the coronavirus.
“Fortunately, I’m fine right now,” Ms. DeGeneres wrote in a statement she posted on Twitter.
Ms. DeGeneres said anyone who had been in close contact with her had been notified and that she was following the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
“See you all again after the holidays,” she wrote. “Please stay safe and sound.”
Production company Telepictures, a unit of Warner Bros. Television, announced in a statement that filming would be suspended until January.
The talk show, which is filmed in Burbank, California, has been an integral part of daily television since 2003.
After switching to a virtual audience amid the pandemic, Ms. DeGeneres had resumed filming with a limited live audience in late October. Participants had to wear face masks and sit one meter apart.
Ms. DeGeneres was accused of running a toxic workplace earlier this year after BuzzFeed News published an article in July in which former employees said they were exposed to “racism, fear and intimidation” on the set. Warner Bros. announced an investigation, three producers left the show, and Ms. DeGeneres apologized to the camera and the staff.