Lincoln Challenge Nonetheless Being Warmly Welcomed to Hit Trump on CNN, MSNBC
The Lincoln Project may collapse from within, but CNN and MSNBC have continued to promote their speakers without asking annoying questions about their John Weaver sexual harassment scandal. The Daily Caller counted 17 MSNBC interviews without a single question about the Weaver scandal in January. On the morning of Joe on February 1, co-host Mika Brezinski tossed George Conway one lame final question, and he claimed he barely knew the guy (although they seem to have written articles together).
Since then, it’s been a perfect record of avoidance in nine other interviews:
– – 3 February: Rick Wilson on MSNBC’s . White House
– – February 4th: Kurt Bardella on MSNBC’s The Beat with Ari Melber
– – February 6th: Michael Steele on MSNBC’s The Cross Connection
– – February 8th: Kurt Bardella on MSNBC’s Morning Joe
– – February 8th: Tara Setmayer on MSNBC’s . White House
– – February 8th: George Conway on MSNBC’s All In
– – February 9: George Conway via CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360
– – February 11th: George Conway via CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360
– – February 11th: Kurt Bardella on MSNBC’s The Reidout
These guests were uniformly invited to beat up Trump and his Republican makers. Worse still, they have been described as conservatives (for choosing Biden?). On Monday, MSNBC’s Chris Hayes said, “I want to bring in conservative attorney George Conway, a staunch Trump critic and co-founder of the Lincoln Project.” On Tuesday, CNN’s Anderson Cooper repeated, “The conservative attorney and co-founder of the Lincoln Project, George Conway, is now joining us.”
On Friday, MSNBC didn’t give back to their favorite ex-Republicans:
With all the investigation and possible federal law violations going on, I asked MSNBC if they had any plans to book someone associated with the Lincoln Project for their shows.
“We will continue to book guests associated with the Lincoln Project as news warrants.”
– Yashar Ali @ (@yashar) February 13, 2021
PS: At midnight on CNN International early Thursday, they gave a nasty Lincoln Project ad a free game:
JOHN VAUSE, ANCHOR: With that in mind, the Anti-Trump Lincoln Project has a new ad targeted at Republicans who supported the former president and reiterating his lies about rigged elections. I think Marco Rubio, who also once set fire to the mob that attacked the Capitol, is part of the advertisement.
VIDEOCLIP, UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE NARRATOR: Now the people who fed this mob are trying to escape responsibility. Donald Trump is responsible. Rudy Giuliani is responsible. Josh Hawley is responsible for Kevin McCarthy, Ted Cruz, Rick Scott, Ron Johnson, FOX News, Newsmax, and OANN. You didn’t hit the hundreds of beats that killed Brian Sicknick and injured his colleagues. But they told the lie that led their followers to act, and the blood is on their hands.
VAUSE: It’s a pretty powerful ad. Will it have any impact? Will there be a political prize in the end?
CNN’s senior political analyst Ron Brownstein gave CNN’s usual response: “All of these dynamics suggest that the Republican Party is transforming from the Western political little ‘D’ democratic tradition into something else: a party that believes that any means necessary to maintain power are warranted at a time when the country is demographically moving away from it. “
Comments are closed.